Service Supplier

The Service Supplier route is for overseas workers who are undertaking temporary work assignments in the UK, where the worker is either a contractual service supplier employed by an overseas service provider or a self-employed independent professional based overseas, and they need to undertake an assignment in the UK to provide services covered by one of the UK’s international trade agreements.

Eligibility requirements:

This is a points based application. You must score 40 points in total.

Sponsorship-20 points
Job at an appropriate skill level-20 points

    • The applicant must be employed by or for an overseas service provider that will offer services to their UK sponsor and has worked in that capacity for a total of 12 months outside the UK.

    • The candidate must be sponsored for a qualifying position with a minimum skill level of at least a university degree or comparable technical qualification and experience, or have a university degree or equal level technical qualification and experience.

  • The candidate must have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for the job they’re applying for, which must be issued by an employer who is authorised by the UK Home Office to sponsor a Service Supplier and who has a relevant Home Office registered contract with an overseas service provider for which the applicant will work in the UK.

  • As a Service Supplier, he or she must fulfil the nationality requirements. 

    How long you can stay in the UK depends on the type of trade agreement you’re providing services under.
    You can stay for whichever is the shorter of:

   How long you can stay:
  • 6 months or 12 months – this depends on the trade agreement you’re providing services under

  • the time given on your certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days 

  Switching to Service Supplier visa:

   You might be able to apply to change (‘switch’) to a Service Supplier visa if you’re already in the UK on a different type of visa.

   You cannot apply to switch to a Service Supplier visa if you’re currently in the UK:

  • on a visit visa

  • on a short-term student visa

  • on a Parent of a Child Student visa

  • on a seasonal worker visa

  • on a domestic worker in a private household visa

  • On immigration bail

  • because you were given permission to stay outside the immigration rules, for

    example on compassionate grounds

    Family members eligible to join:

    Your partner and children can apply to join you or to stay in the UK as your ‘dependants’. If their application is successful, their visa will end on the same date as yours.

    Further information, help, and advice

    Our team of specialists has years of experience in visa services. We are registered with the OISC at Level 3 to provide Immigration advice and services.

    For more information and advice on UK immigration law and UK visa applications please contact us on 0203 488 2308 or at

Get in touch with us

Looking for the Best Visa Consulting?