Religious Worker

The ‘Religious Workers’ category is for people coming to the UK for preaching, pastoral or non-pastoral work, or work in a religious order such as a monastery or convent.

Eligibility requirements

You must saDsfy the decision maker that

  • You are aged 18 or over;

  • You have an offer of a job as a religious worker from a sponsor that holds a valid

    Temporary Work – Religious Worker sponsor licence (which requires a valid

    CerDficate of Sponsorship for the role you wish to undertake);

  • You genuinely intend, and are able, to undertake the role for which you are being

    sponsored and do not intend to undertake other employment;

  • You saDsfy a financial requirement;

  • You have not had permission as a Religious Worker or Charity Worker in the previous

    12 months (unless you were not in the UK throughout);

  • Your applicaDon does not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal;

  • You have provided a valid TB cerDficate, if required.

    How Long you can stay

24 months is the maximum length of Dme that you will be permiaed to be sponsored on the Religious Worker route.

Switching to Religious Worker Route

Switching into the Religious Worker route from within the UK is not permiaed. Applicants must submit an applicaDon for a Religious Worker visa from overseas.

Family members eligible to join

Religious Workers can be joined by a dependent partner and children under the age of 18.

Further informaBon, help, and advice

Our team of specialists has years of experience in visa services. We are registered with the OISC at Level 3 to provide ImmigraDon advice and services.

For more informaDon and advice on UK immigraDon law and UK visa applicaDons please contact us on 0203 488 2308 or at

Get in touch with us

Looking for the Best Visa Consulting?