Minister Of Religion

This route is for a person who has a key leading role within their faith-based organisaDon or a religious order in the UK.

The T2 Minister of Religion Visa allows both EEA and non-EEA naDonals to enter and live in the UK on the grounds that they take on a posiDon as a minister of religion, missionary or religious worker.

Eligibility requirements

You must score 70 points under the points-based immigraDon system. You can score 50 points if you have been offered a posiDon in one of the following roles:

§ minister of religion; § missionary; or
§ religious worker.

Your job offer must have come from a registered UK Sponsor who is licensed to hire foreign naDonals. You will need to receive a CerDficate of Sponsorship (CoS) from your employer to be able to meet this requirement.

You can score a further 10 points by meeDng the English language requirements, you must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. You can prove this by either sirng an accredited English language test with at least CEFR level B2, or by having an academic qualificaDon that was taught in English and is recognised as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD.

The final 10 points can be scored by meeDng the financial requirements. There is no minimum salary for this route but you will have to show that you have the funds to support yourself financially whilst in the UK. To do this you must have at least £1270 in your bank account for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must fall within 31 days of your visa applicaDon.

How long you can stay

You can come to the UK with a Minister of Religion visa (T2) for a maximum of up to 3 years and 1 month, or the Dme given on your cerDficate of sponsorship plus 14 days, whichever is shorter.

You can extend a Minister of Religion visa (T2) for up to 3 years, or the Dme given in your cerDficate of sponsorship plus 14 days, or the Dme required to take your total stay in the UK to a maximum of 6 years, whichever Dme is shorter.

Aker 5 years, you may be able to seale permanently in the UK.

Switching to Minister of Religion Visa

It is possible to change (‘switch’) to a Minister of Religion visa (T2) if you’re already in the UK on a different type of visa.

You cannot apply to switch to this visa if you’re currently in the UK: • on a visit visa

  • on a short-term student visa

  • on a Parent of a Child Student visa

  • on a Seasonal Worker visa

  • on a DomesDc Worker in a Private Household visa or an Overseas DomesDc Worker


  • on immigraDon bail

  • because you were given permission to stay outside the immigraDon rule, for

    example on compassionate grounds

    Family members eligible to join

    Your partner and children under the age of 18 can apply to join you or to stay in the UK as your ‘dependants’.

    Further informaBon, help, and advice

    Our team of specialists has years of experience in visa services. We are registered with the OISC at Level 3 to provide ImmigraDon advice and services.

    For more informaDon and advice on UK immigraDon law and UK visa applicaDons please contact us on 0203 488 2308 or at

Get in touch with us

Looking for the Best Visa Consulting?