Marriage or Civil Partnership Visit

This visa is for individuals who wish to visit the UK to marry or form a civil partnership or give notice of a marriage or civil partnership, in the UK.

Eligibility requirements

In order to qualify for a Marriage or Civil Partnership Visit Visa, you will need to satisfy UK Visas & Immigration that:

• You are at least 18 years old;

  • You intend to give notice of marriage or civil partnership in the UK or intend to marry or form a civil partnership in the UK, within six months of your arrival;

  • You are in a genuine rather than a sham relationship;

  • You are genuinely seeking entry to the UK for a purpose that is permitted by the

    visitor routes;

  • You will not undertake any prohibited activities;

  • You have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to your visit (including travel, maintenance and accommodation costs) without working or accessing public funds;

  • You will visit the UK for less than 6 months and leave the UK at the end of your visit;

  • You will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits,

    or make the UK your main home;

  • Your application does not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal.

    Further information, help, and advice

    Our team of specialists has years of experience in visa services. We are registered with the OISC at Level 3 to provide Immigration advice and services.

    For more information and advice on UK immigration law and UK visa applications please contact us on 0203 488 2308 or at

Get in touch with us

Looking for the Best Visa Consulting?