International Agreement

The InternaDonal Agreement Worker Visa is for individuals who wish to come to the UK to provide a service covered by internaDonal law, such as private servants in diplomaDc households or employees of overseas governments and internaDonal organisaDons.

Eligibility requirements

You must saDsfy the decision maker that

  • You are at least 18 years old;

  • You are applying for a role as a private servant in a diplomaDc household or as an

    employee of an overseas government or other internaDonal organisaDon established

    under an internaDonal treaty signed by the UK;

  • You meet the addiDonal role-based requirements for the role that you will work in;

  • You have a valid CerDficate of Sponsorship for the role you wish to undertake, issued

    by a sponsor that holds a valid Temporary Work – InternaDonal Agreement sponsor


  • You genuinely intend, and are able, to undertake the role for which you are being

    sponsored and do not intend to undertake other employment;

  • You have sufficient personal savings to support yourself in the UK;

  • Your applicaDon does not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal;

  • You have provided a valid TB cerDficate, if required.

How long you can stay

You can stay for 2 years, or the Dme given on your cerDficate of sponsorship plus up to 28 days, whichever is shorter.

Switching to InternaBonal Agreement Worker Visa

Individuals in the UK on another immigraDon route are not permiaed to switch (change immigraDon category) to the InternaDonal Agreement route.

Family members eligible to join

InternaDonal Agreement Worker visa holders can be joined by a dependent partner and children under the age of 18.

Further informaBon, help, and advice

Our team of specialists has years of experience in visa services. We are registered with the OISC at Level 3 to provide ImmigraDon advice and services.

For more informaDon and advice on UK immigraDon law and UK visa applicaDons please contact us on 0203 488 2308 or at

Get in touch with us

Looking for the Best Visa Consulting?