Charity Worker

The Charity Worker Visa is a temporary work visa for overseas naDonals who plan to undertake voluntary work for a charity in the UK. All acDviDes on the Charity Worker Visa must be unpaid and temporary.

Eligibility requirements

You have to saDsfy the decision maker that

    • You are aged 18 or over;

    • The charity work meets certain specified requirements;

    • You hold a valid CerDficate of Sponsorship for the role;

    • You genuinely intend, and are able, to undertake the role for which you are being


    • You saDsfy financial requirement;

    • You have not had permission as a Religious Worker or Charity Worker in the previous

      12 months (unless you were not in the UK throughout);

    • You do not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal;

    • You have provided a TB cerDficate, if required.

How long you can stay

You can stay for up to 12 months or the Dme given on your cerDficate of sponsorship plus 14 days, whichever is shorter.

Switching to Charity Worker Visa

Individuals in the UK on another immigraDon route are not permiaed to switch (change immigraDon category) to the Charity Worker route.

Family members eligible to join

Charity Workers can be joined by a dependent partner and children under the age of 18.

Further informaBon, help, and advice

Our team of specialists has years of experience in visa services. We are registered with the OISC at Level 3 to provide ImmigraDon advice and services.

For more informaDon and advice on UK immigraDon law and UK visa applicaDons please contact us on 0203 488 2308 or at

Get in touch with us

Looking for the Best Visa Consulting?