• United Kingdom

    Helpline No.

    (+44) 0203 4882 308

Religious Workers

This category is for people coming to the UK to work temporarily as a religious worker. This includes work such as preaching, working as a pastor, or working in a monastery or convent. In order to apply under this category, you must have a valid Tier 5 certificate of sponsorship from a licensed Tier 5 sponsor religious organisation.

If your main reason for coming to the UK is to do preaching and pastoral work on a long-term basis, you should apply under the Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) visa.

Length of stay

Usually until one month after the period of work stated on your certificate of sponsorship, and up to 2 years with extensions.


Tier 5 Religious Worker visa applicants must have funds of at least £945, unless their Tier 5 sponsor can guarantee their maintenance with the UK Home Office. Only 'A rated' sponsors have this option.

Further information, help, and advice

Our team of specialists have years of experience in visa services. We work with clients under Section 84 of the 1999 Immigration Act and can submit your UK visa application to the Home Office to be dealt with on the same day.

For more information and advice on UK immigration law and UK visa applications please contact us on 0203 488 2308 or email us at

WorldWide Immigration
WorldWide Immigration