• United Kingdom

    Helpline No.

    (+44) 0203 4882 308

Creative and Sporting Workers

The creative and sporting worker category is for a small number of very highly skilled people coming to the UK to work or perform as sportspeople, entertainers or creative artists.

In order to apply under this category, you must have a valid Tier 5 certificate of sponsorship from a licensed Tier 5 sponsor. Your sponsor must have an endorsement for you from the governing body for your sport, which confirms you meet the governing body's requirements to give their endorsement. The governing body must be recognised by the UK Home Office.

Length of stay

Usually until one month after the period of work stated on your certificate of sponsorship, and up to 2 years with extensions.

Sportspeople can extend their visa up to a maximum stay of 12 months, while creative workers can extend their visa up to a maximum stay of 24 months.


Tier 5 Creative and Sporting visa applicants must have funds of at least £945, unless their Tier 5 sponsor can guarantee their maintenance with the UK Home Office. Only 'A rated' sponsors have this option.

Further information, help, and advice

Our team of specialists have years of experience in visa services. We work with clients under Section 84 of the 1999 Immigration Act and can submit your UK visa application to the Home Office to be dealt with on the same day.

For more information and advice on UK immigration law and UK visa applications please contact us on 0203 488 2308 or email us at

Worldwide Immigration
Worldwide Immigration