• United Kingdom

    Helpline No.

    (+44) 0203 4882 308

Charity Workers

This category is for people coming to the UK to do voluntary work for a charity. The work must be directly related to the work of your sponsor's organisation. In order to apply under this category, you must have a valid Tier 5 certificate of sponsorship from a licensed Tier 5 sponsor charity.

Length of stay

Usually until one month after the period of work stated on your certificate of sponsorship, and up to 1 year with extensions.


Tier 5 Charity Worker visa applicants must have funds of at least £945, unless their Tier 5 sponsor can guarantee their maintenance with the UK Home Office. Only 'A rated' sponsors have this option.


Workers on this visa cannot receive any payment for their work.

Further information, help, and advice

Our team of specialists have years of experience in visa services. We work with clients under Section 84 of the 1999 Immigration Act and can submit your UK visa application to the Home Office to be dealt with on the same day.

For more information and advice on UK immigration law and UK visa applications please contact us on 0203 488 2308 or email us at

Worldwide Immigration
Worldwide Immigration