• United Kingdom

    Helpline No.

    (+44) 0203 4882 308

20 Years Long Residence

A person who has lived in the UK continuously for 20 years in the UK whether lawfully or unlawfully can apply for permission to stay in the UK for 30 months under paragraph 276ADE of the Immigration Rules. An application for leave to remain based on 20 years long residence is made using application form FLR (FP). If the application is successful, the applicant is granted leave to remain for 30 months under 10 years route to settlement.

For the application to succeed under the 20 years long residence category, it is important that you substantiate your claim of 20 years long residence through documentary evidence proving continuous residence in the UK for at least 20 years. The Home Office can refuse the application if the continuity of residence has been broken in the past.

Further information, help, and advice

Our team of specialists have years of experience in visa services. We work with clients under Section 84 of the 1999 Immigration Act and can submit your UK visa application to the Home Office to be dealt with on the same day.

For more information and advice on UK immigration law and UK visa applications please contact us on 0203 488 2308 or email us at

Worldwide Immigration
Worldwide Immigration